What Is Facial Contouring?
Having a v-shaped jawline, plump and full cheeks while minimising wrinkles is the gold-standard of Asian beauty. However, it can be difficult to achieve without professional help, especially as many Asian faces tend to be square or have more muscles near the jawline. At our clinic, we offer a variety of treatments to help you achieve a smaller, slimmer face.
How Can You Achieve A Slimmer Face Shape/Jawline?
To achieve a slimmer jawline, the muscles around the jaw need to be relaxed. Asians tend to have square jaws due to strong jaw muscles in that area creating a stocky silhouette.
- Botulinum Toxin A, is a protein produced by certain species of bacterium. The botulinum toxin brands that are approved in Singapore are Dysport, Botox, and Xeomin.
How Does Botox Work?
- It blocks selected chemical signals from nerves, mostly signals which cause muscles to contract. Injecting Botulinum Toxin A into the jaw muscles relaxes the jaw muscles and prevent them from contracting and becoming bulky, which then creates a shaper, slender V-shaped face that is the most desired facial silhouette that most people look for.
How Can You Achieve A More Defined/Sharper Chin?
To achieve a sharper, defined or pronounced chin, we offer chin fillers, which may help lengthen and project the chin forward to enchance the facial profile from front and side views. Fillers may also help to even skin texture such as dimpling or “pebbled” skin in the area that is often caused by a receded chin.
- Hyaluronic Acid Fillers help to fill in the treated area for a period of time, providing a defined chin shape.
What Is Hyaluronic Acid?
- Hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occuring substance found throughout the body which binds to water and retains moisture in the body to keep it hydrated. It will naturally be broken down by the body over half a year to nine months.
How Do Hyaluronic Acid Fillers Work?
- By injecting the chin, it “fills in” the spaces to improve skin texture and overall silhouette from within.
How Can You Achieve a less Tired Eyes, Smoother Face Shape, or a Lifted Cheeks?
Our facial features tend to alter as we age due to skin laxity and gravity. We will start seeing sunken and uneven areas around the temples, under the eyes, droppy or uneven sunken cheeks is not uncommon when we look into the mirror once we pass the 30’s or 40’s.
Dermal Filler Injections may help to even out such areas that have lack of support and fat pads due to aging. Fillers is able to smoothen and plump up the under-eye area, cheeks and temples as well as help reduce the appearance of laugh lines or marionette lines.
- Dermal filler injections contain hyaluronic acid and give an almost immediate lift to the treated areas from within while promoting collagen production to help lift the area long after the hyaluronic acid is broken down by your body.
How Do Dermal Fillers Work?
- Dermals fillers are injected deep into the skin and provide instant volume while also deeply hydrating the skin. Having filers also stimulate fibroblasts, which are cells found in connective tissue and produce collagen. This boost in collagen helps to replace the previously lost collagen and helps maintain the face shape even after the hyaluronic acid is broken down by the body.